The Baby Lifeline National
Maternity Safety Conference
Working Together Towards Safer Maternity Care
22nd January 2020
Hilton Metropole Hotel – Birmingham
Aims of the Conference
- Presenting latest findings from national maternity work; including the Each Baby Counts project and HSIB’s maternity work.
- Sharing insights from leading national experts; covering CTG interpretation, culture and quality improvement approaches and learning from adverse events whilst supporting staff and families.
- Sharing real examples of maternity safety improvement and learning.
- Hear directly from the leaders of national maternity transformation work.
- Providing an opportunity for professionals working in the area of maternity safety to network and share learning.
This conference is relevant for:
- Obstetric Anaesthetists
- Maternity Safety Champions / Risk Managers
- Other front-line staff
- NHS managers
- Those with policy roles relating to maternity safety
- Users of maternity services
- Patients/families with an interest in maternity safety
James Badenoch, QC – QC, Crown Office Row.
Katie De Freitas-Merchant – Improvement Manager – Patient Safety Programmes Maternal & Neonatal Health Safety Collaborative, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Mr Edwin Chandraharan – Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, OBE – Chief Midwifery Officer, NHS England and NHS Improvement.
Dr Tony Kelly – National Clinical Lead for National Maternal and Neonatal Health Safety Collaborative, NHS Improvement; National Clinical Lead, Each Baby Counts Learn and Support.
Dr Bill Kirkup, CBE – Chairman of the Morecambe Bay Investigation; Former Associate Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health; Former Regional Director of Public Health.
Professor Marian Knight – Professor of Maternal and Child Population Health, University of Oxford.
Dr Nuala Lucas – Consultant Anaesthetist; Anaesthetic Co-Lead for MBRRACE-UK, Northwick Park Hospital.
Nicky Lyon – Co-Chair of Workstream 2 – National Maternity Transformation Programme; Campaigner for Safer Births.
Mr Michael Magro – Senior O&G Registrar, Queens Hospital, Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust; Previous Darzi 8 Fellow at NHS Resolution (2016-17).
Mr Eddie Morris – Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist; President Elect, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists; Honorary Chair, Baby Lifeline Multi Professional Advisory Panel.
Dr Susana Pereira – Consultant in Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, Kingston Hospital NHS Trust.
Gill Phillips – Creator of Whose Shoes? ®
Dr Felicity Plaat – Consultant Anaesthetist, Queen Charlotte’s & Hammersmith Hospitals, Imperial College School of Medicine.
Dr Ed Prosser-Snelling – Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Manjula Samyraju – Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Lead Clinician for Labour ward (PCH) North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
Professor Lesley Regan – President, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Michele Upton – Head of Maternity and Neonatal Transformation Programmes, NHS Improvement.
Professor James Walker – Clinical Director, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB).
Gill Walton – Chief Executive, Royal College of Midwives
Sascha Wells-Munro – Maternity Improvement Advisor, NHS Improvement.